Maximise the success of your research with our top tips for publication
Bioscientifica publish a portfolio of biomedical journals (including Endocrine-Related Cancer), which accept high quality submissions from oncology-related research. With over 20 years of experience in the publication of scholarly journals, we are expertly positioned to offer advice on maximising the success of your research. Read our 7 top tips below.
- Title – this is the first thing people will see and is the main deciding factor on whether they click to read your article. When writing, refining this first will also provide you with a clearer focus for your article as a whole.
- Structure - ensure that your submission is well structured in accordance with the journal’s guidelines.
- Consider your audience - if you’re trying to gain traction in the media, ensure that the language is accessible to both science and non-science readers.
- Keywords - consider the keywords your audience will be searching for when writing your title, introduction and abstract. Including keywords in these will improve your article’s chances of reaching the top of search engine results.
- Language – we would recommend non-native English speakers to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission. Publishers should be able to recommend a specialist translation or proofreading service.
- Maximise reach - don’t be afraid to share your research amongst your network. Using social media to share news of your findings can help to improve widespread knowledge as well as improving your Altmetric score. You can also consider drafting a press release or soliciting the help of your publisher in disseminating the research.
- Type of publication - think carefully about the right publication mode for your work. Traditional access publications don’t normally have associated publication charges and can often have a solid subscription user base. Comparatively open-access publication often has an associated author publication charge but it’s important to consider the benefits of an unlimited audience for your research.
For further advice on best positioning your research for publication, please visit the Bioscientifica Author Resource Centre.
We welcome enquiries both from prospective authors and those seeking to access journal content. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.